Monday, October 29, 2007

Aaargh

I have this urge to strangle my teenager.



Yesterday, I specifically told her that I didn't want to hear ONE word about staying home from school today.



The whole time she was getting ready for school, 'I don't see why you won't let me stay home," in her most annoying whiney voice.



I tightened my lips and chose to (or tried and failed to) ignore her and the tiny little voice in my head that urged me to slap her across the head.



"I don't have any clean clothes."



"You should have done your laundry last night."



"It don't matter since I don't have any clothes anyway."



This is SO NOT TRUE, last time I did her laundry, she had twice as many as DT and I put together.



"Sorry, I am NOT RICH," I said, realizing that my voice was rising to an octave way higher than normal.



On the way out to the car, "Why are you being so anal?"



"How am I being anal?" I asked through my clenched jaw which was starting to hurt, matching the clenching of my stomach muscles.



"Last year you didn't have a problem with me staying home."



"Last year you were sick a lot."



"SO?"



Aaargh!!!



I hate being hassled. I really do, it's my day off, MY DAY. All I ask is to not be harassed.



Seven more months till she graduates.



Will I survive? THAT is the question.

I really really feel sorry for those who have little ones and have no idea what's in store for them when their children reach those dreaded years of puberty.

And I empathise with those who do have teenagers, and applaud those who have survived teenagers.

Teenagers can be so wonderful at times, they can be funny, silly, compassionate, and loving. And then there are those times when they are ill tempered, cocky, sarcastic, self absorbed and just plain irritating.

I guess it could be worse, there was a time when I had three teenagers in the house, but sometimes it seems that Boo is worse than those other three put together.

Maybe it's just that I am getting older and less tolerant, or maybe it's just that she is spoiled rotten.

Nevertheless, I refuse to feel guilty for sending her to school. She just didn't feel like going, well SORRY, there are a lot of times I don't feel like going to work but I do anyway.

I have to pick her back up in an hour and take her back to her school after her internship.

Now my queston is:

What did I do with the duct tape?