Sunday, November 18, 2007

Changes Part 1

I haven't just changed my blog.

I've changed.

But it's not a work that I did myself. God has done the work, I am simply the clay and He is the Potter.

Lately, I have felt some things just falling away from me. As I strive with a willingness to follow Him, I am changing.

And yes, they are good changes.

Of course, I haven't just sat back and waited for some miracoulous change to over come me, I willingly surrendered my life, my WHOLE life to God.

I stand on His promises, I pray without ceasing, I worship, I am convicted, and I am learning to love others.

Worry and fear and stress have been a dark cloud over my life, depression dogged my foot steps. For a long time I felt as if the weight of the world was on my shoulders.

In Matthew 11, it says:
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I have read this and heard this passage hundreds of times, yet never quite understood it.

Until now.

I am no longer burdened by the worries of this world. I went to Jesus and He has given me rest in my soul.

My heart is no longer heavy laden, it has been lightened.

No, my problems haven't magically gone away.

My mortgage is still late, bills are still piled up, Boo has a lot of needs, DT is still working alot, as am I.

And yes, we are both tired.

I am tired physically, but my soul is WIDE AWAKE and BURSTING with the JOY OF THE LORD!!!

The worry and fear of our financial woes has fallen away.

God will provide! I know this is true, and I have chosen to trust Him in ALL things.

I have changed.

I refuse to wallow in self pity. I push envy and selfish ambition away.

For I discovered something, it's NOT ALL ABOUT ME, it's ALL ABOUT HIM!

I am not entitled to anything, and everything I do have is a wondrous gift from God.

My family, my job, my home, my friends, my church, even my pets!

I now come before Him with a grateful heart, and each day I am humbled because of what He has done for me.

He has covered me with His Grace. He has shown me mercy when I deserved none. He has loved me unconditionally, even when I was whining and fretting, even when I was at my worst!

Just as He loves you and you and even you, yes, YOU!

It's ok that my readership has seemlingly declined, it's ok that I don't get comments like I used to.

What matters is that someone somewhere out there may some day read my words and find the peace and joy that I have.

As many of you know, I have gone through many struggles, many trials, and big changes.

Many of my struggles were mental and spiritual, many of those struggles are gone.

I am still a work in progress, I am still finding my way through a whole set of things, I am learning and growing. I am studying and praying. I am striving to be who God wants me to be.

Most of all I am trusting Him, something I had a problem with for a long time.

How can I not trust Him? He died for me so that I may live!

Hallelujah!!!