Monday, November 12, 2007

Thank you!

I can wake up in the morning and listen to the birds sing...

Thanks to a Veteran.

I can go to work each day and work where I want to...

Thanks to a Veteran.

I can excersize my right to vote...

Thanks to a Veteran.

I can hug my family and say I love you...

Thanks to a Veteran.

I can take a road trip, a vacation or simply go shopping without worrying about safety...

Thanks to a Veteran.

I have a home to live in, and I don't have to worry about bombs destroying it...

Thanks to a Veteran.

I have the right of free speech, the privilege of driving, and free choice...

Thanks to a Veteran.

My child goes to school in a well equipped building, with heat and resources...

Thanks to a Veteran.

I can read whatever I want to read, including the Bible...

Thanks to a Veteran.

I can also worship Who I want in any form I want...

Thanks to a Veteran.


Thank you to men like my Dad, who served in the US Army for over 30 years, and served in Vietnam for seven of those years.

Thank you to women like my Mom who was in the Women's Army Corp (WAC) and worked in the Pentagon for National Security.

Thank you to young men like my Son in Law, who served as a US Marine in Iraq.

Thank you to all who served and did their duty from WW1 to the present war we are in.

Thank you to the ones who served during times of peace as well as war.

Thank you to the ones who were lost and to those who survived.

Thank you.