Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bleh

I am so tired. Thursday night, I worked till 8 pm, had to pick up some things afterwards, like dog food, so didn't get home till 9, came home to a pile of dishes in the sink, ugh. Cleaned up, then tried to relax, and go to bed since I had to be back at work for 4 am the next morning.

I laid down a little after ten, couldn't sleep, tossed and turned. I think I get worried that I won't hear the alarm when I have to get up so early. I finally started to doze, when around 11:30 Maggie started to howl and cry outside.

I got up and went outside to see what her problem was, she seemed fine, so I told her to hush and go lay down. She looked at me, went in her box, and quieted down.

My hands, wrists and ankles were hurting like a toothache, so I took an OTC pain reliever and went back to bed to toss and turn. I think I finally started dozing off when the alarm went off at 2 am.

I jumped up in panic, 'I'm UP, I'm UP!!!'

I stumbled out of bed, drank some coffee, got ready for work, and off I went, feeling like a wet dish rag all day, and 1 pm couldn't come fast enough.

I finally got home feeling totally exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep, but hubby was home so we sat and talked for a while, worked on our finances for the next couple of weeks, and then sat until about 5, when we both decided we were hungry.

We could have eaten some of the left over turkey.

Yuck.

We decided to go to the Chinese buffet, sounded good to me, he drove and I didn't have to cook.

After stuffing ourselves, we came home and went to bed, hubby to watch tv and me to fall into an exhausted sleep. Actually, I think I passed out cold.

At around 11 pm, hubby woke me saying something about the cops being next door. I really didn't care at first, but then curiosity got the better of me and I got up to be nosy.

There really was nothing interesting to see, two cop cars, lights flashing as they talked to the neighbor and his passenger in a car. The cops did take the passenger, who knows why?

We went back to bed then, I started dozing and hubby woke me again.

"What's that noise?"

There was a persistent noise in the basement, coming through the vents. At first I thought it was the cats, forgetting for a sleepy moment that they are gone.

After a while, the noise stopped, neither one of us willing to go down and check it out.

I soon fell asleep again, to dream that Noodles showed up, half starved and bedraggled. The noises in the basement must have conjured her in my dreams.

In my dream, I was feeding her and then cuddling her and telling her that no one was going to take her away from me again.

It was so real, that I woke up feeling empty and missing her so much.

And I don't feel rested at all.

I have to work tonight and tomorrow, then I am off Monday.

I am drinking my fourth cup of coffee still fighting the effects of drowsiness, which doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe after a shower I will feel better, and hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

And if my hubby wakes me up....