Thursday, December 6, 2007

Never ever assume

As I write this post, I am in pain physically and in my heart.

I assumed Noodles rabies shot was a three year shot, and I was wrong.

There was a raccoon in my yard yesterday, Animal Control came and got it. Noodles went after the raccoon, and they fought.

Today, Animal Control called.

The raccoon had rabies.

They came to set traps for my cats.

Enoch and the two kittens were too young for shots.

Yesterday, Noodles scratched me.

Tonight, I had three rabies shots and I have to go back for four more.

My heart is broken over Noodles and Enoch. They are my babies, and they are taking them and going to put them down.

Never assume your animals are safe.

I could have taken a chance and not went to the hospital, and I may have been dead in ten to fifteen days.

Rabies is a gruesome, painful death.

As painful as the shots are, I had rather be safe than sorry.

How weird is it that all my dog's shots were three year shots, but the cat's wasn't?

There is nothing I can do to save my cats.

And it breaks my heart.