Thursday, December 20, 2007

To do list..

I am one of those people who needs to write lists and cross things off, it gives me a sense of satisfaction, and keeps me on track.

Today, I was supposed to work, but after talking to my boss yesterday, he told me to take today off since I worked Saturday when I was supposed to be off and I would have had mega over time. It was ok by me, I would have had to work a seven day stretch, and I needed time to get some stuff done.

Last night I wrapped presents, packaged them up and got them ready to put in the mail today.

This morning, I wrote out 35 Christmas cards, (late as usual), addressed them, stamped them, and then I was off to the Post Office. I dropped the cards in the drive by box, then parked to take the packages in.

I had two big boxes and one small one. I pulled them out of the back of the Jeep, balanced them precariously on top of each other and slowly and carefully started walking to the door.

Of course, I wasn't careful enough and the small one went flying to the ground. Sighing, I set the big ones down on the ground, and suddenly a very nice woman came running up, 'Here let me help you!' She very kindly carried one for me, held the doors open and helped me inside.

See, there are still kind people in the world. I was very appreciative and thanked her and wished her a Merry Christmas.

After posting my packages, I went to pay my water bill, and return the way, way, WAY overdue library books which have been staring at me for weeks now.

Off to the bank, the grocery store, where I got a 15 pound turkey for $0.29 a pound, can't beat that. They also had a ton of different things for $0.50, like frozen waffles and bags of frozen veges. Yes, love deals like that.

I had to go to another store for dog food, since that store doesn't carry my brand. I also picked up shampoo and razors since I forgot to get them at the other store. See, I need lists!

I came home, unloaded the groceries, put laundry in the washer, cleaned the kitchen up, emptied the dishwasher, took a break.

Laid down for a half hour.

Till Boo came bee bopping in the house like gangbusters.

She left, I laid down again, and for some reason Maggie, one of our outside dogs started hollering and fussing.

I got up again, went to the door and yelled at her, and gave up on the nap.

I then went to the dollar store, picked up some small things for Boo, then went to the hospital for my rabies shot.

Joy.

One more shot to go and I am DONE.

Came home, called my friend Crystal, and started making a pot of Chili while I gabbed with her.

Got off the phone, emptied the dryer, filled it again, and filled the washer again, where DOES all the laundry come from?

I then ate some Chili with chunks of cheese.

Brrrrrrrrrp.

'Scuse me.'

I then tackled the bathrooms, yuck.

But they are shining now, and marked off my list.

I swept the floors, including all the leaves that keep shedding everyday off my ficus tree, it's worse than the dog.

Folded laundry.

Dusted the living room.

Took a shower and I am beat.

I am thinking about all I did today, no wonder I am tired. It would have been easier to go to work.

I still have this cold, it just doesn't want to quit already. I also think I pulled a stomach muscle from coughing, it hurts and I have to hold it when I do cough.

I also have more presents to wrap, and I really hate wrapping presents, I am just not good at it, my back ends up hurting, I get frustrated with it.

Oh, and I did buy Boo her horsie, it is really cute, and I cheated and bought a gift bag for it.


I posed him in front of my Charlie Brown tree, and I had a hard time getting him to sit up, since his head is so big, he kept falling over.

I could have bought her a pair of jeans, well almost, but this is so much more fun, don't ya think?

So I am done with Christmas shopping, and it's not even Christmas Eve yet! Which is really good for me.

Now it's time for bed.