Tuesday, December 4, 2007

One down...

six more to go.

Days of work that is, I am working a seven day stretch.

Joy.

Then I get one day off, then work one, then a day off. I would rather have my two days off in a row, but it rarely works like that.

*sigh*

I'm not really complaining, it just makes for one tired Deni.

Tomorrow night I have my first choir practice, I talked to the manager and asked him if I could leave work early to go as long as I got my work done and he was fine with that.

I am excited and really nervous about it! I tried to practice with the CD when I got home from work last night, but my throat is a bit sore so I think I sounded awful! I need to get some throat lozenges before tomorrow.

I think I am trying to come down with a cold, the sore throat, a bit of congestion and sneezing are pretty strong indications. I hope not, that would put a pretty big damper on my singing.

I did have this past weekend off which was nice. DT, Boo and I put up the Christmas decorations on Saturday, but yesterday it was so windy that half of them blew down. I set them on the porch till I can get them back up.

It's a hard thing for me to decorate the house for Christmas, even though I love the holiday so much. It always brings out nostalgia and homesickness. A tear or two is always shed, then I gather myself together and get it done.

There are so many memories tucked away in those boxes marked Christmas, ornaments that hung on my mother's tree, things my kids made when they were little, gifts from loved ones and good friends. A lifetime of memories.

Now I need to make new memories to go along with my new life.

I have a lot to be thankful for during this Christmas season.

I am posting one of my favorite Christmas songs, I think it says it all.